Freelance graphic designer who is great with details
We are a growing design firm working with nonprofit organizations to educate, empower and advocate for the upcoming workforce of entrepreneurs, inventors, game-changers and trailblazers to both dream and achieve.
You are a passionate, experienced designer who imagines, plans, and produces art with heart. While it can’t all be rainbows and unicorns, you curate towards joy. Together, we find ways to say yes.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, quick-on-your-feet designer who has high quality standards and has been in the business long enough to be able to run with a project. This position is an on-going freelance role in Dayton, Ohio.
What you’ll do:
- Handle a variety of design projects, mostly print, some social media graphics and digital design.
- Design in a way that maintains consistency of look and feel within projects while also aligning with brand standards.
- Rigorously self-edit and have excellent attention to detail.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years professional design experience – (not high school or college experience)
- Strong portfolio; posters, marketing collateral (print and digital), publication design (multi-page reports) and presentation design work is a must.
- Advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) required. Experience with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or Google equivalents) and Publisher preferred.
You’ll be a good fit because of your:
- Clean, compelling design aesthetic.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, and strive to grow.
- Excellent time management skills, organization, and attention to detail.
Please submit a portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume, or include a pdf of at least 5 design samples.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour